Compare business loans
Business Loan Interest Rates NZ
At the time of writing, Business loan rates NZ can vary from 8% all the way up to 50%. The interest rate your business receives will depend on the lender you are applying with, the overall health of your business and your credit history.
It is important to try get the best interest rate possible for your business loan as it will save you money over the term of your loan and your repayments will be lower each month, putting less strain on your business cashflow.
Compare business loans can help you get the best interest rate in NZ. Hit the button below to get in contact today.
1. Business loan rates NZ
Here’s a list of business loan interest rates NZ from some of our non-bank lender partners in New Zealand. If you are considering a business loan and have contacted a lender make sure you know what your interest rate is and what the total amount repayable is when you receive an offer.
Your interest rate will determine the overall cost of your loan and knowing what it is will help you decide whether it is affordable for your business.
- ZIP Capital unsecured line of credit starts at 9%
- Heartland Bank secured or unsecured business loans start at 13.9% for unsecured. Secured business loan rates start at 9%
- Speirs Finance secured asset finance start at 9.7%
- Finance Direct secured business loans start at 8.95%
- Efco secured business loans start at 11.95%
- Pioneer Finance secured business loans start at 11.95%
- Get Capital unsecured business loans start at 10.95%
- UDC Finance asset finance start at 9.45%
- Xceda Finance unsecured starting at 11.95%
- Cfi Finance, secured finance starting at 15.95%
2. What interest rate will my business get?
The interest rate your business gets will be determined by the level of risk to the lender. Before even deciding an interest rate, a lender will need to know that your business is healthy enough to be approved for a business loan.
Servicing will be important, which is where a lender determines whether you can comfortably make your monthly repayments with your current business cashflow levels.
The interest rate you will receive is determined by a combination of factors including bank account conduct, business cashflow and credit history. Bad credit will mean if approved, your interest rate will be higher than if you had good credit. Both your personal and business credit history will be assessed and affect the final outcome of your interest rate.
Free Application Management
Choose Compare Business Loans as your business loan broker
We can help you prepare everything required for your business loan application, get you to the right lender, and ensure your application is a successful one.
3. How to get the best business loan interest rate
There are 2 key things you need to do to get the best business loan interest rate.
- Firstly, choose a lender who can offer the right type of business loan for your business. For example, if you’re purchasing a vehicle for your business a secured loan through a commercial vehicle finance specialist will get you a better interest rate than an unsecured loan.
- Get your business health in the best shape possible before you apply. A lender typically looks back at the last 3 months trading history so ideally your last 3 months bank statements should be looking healthy, no defaults and cashflow looking as strong as possible. Apply before slower months, rather than when you’re 4 weeks in to a slower business period as this will show a decrease in revenue and be a warning for most lenders.
A healthy business and securing the right type of loan is important to your chances of approval and the cost involved in repaying the loan. If you’re unsure whether its the right time for your business to apply or what is required, start a conversation with Compare Business Loans today. We can help you get your application to the right lender and approved at the best interest rate.
Business loan lenders in New Zealand
We are partnered with multiple business loan lenders throughout NZ. Each lender provides different types of business loans and will offer different rates for small business loans depending on your business’ financial situation and financial history.
Heres a few lenders we work with and their basic lending criteria.